Richard Madeley has been called out for his apparent “rude” behaviour by former Celebrity Big Brother star Chantelle Houghton.
Houghton was 23 when she entered the CBB house as a non-celebrity tasked with convincing the contestants - including Jodie Marsh, Ordinary Boys singer Samuel Preston and TV presenter Michael Barrymore - that she was in a fake girl band called Kandy Floss.
The reality star, now 43, found fame with the memorable stint in the house in 2006 and mingled with a slew of celebrities afterwards as a result of her newfound limelight.
She has now reflected on which celebrities were the least welcoming, claiming Madeley, 69, was “so rude” when she appeared on his chat show with wife Judy Finnigan.
"Richard Madeley, he was so rude. I went on a TV show, I think it was Richard and Judy on Channel 5, and he just made me feel really small,” she told Betway, per The Mirror.
"He was like, 'Oh, the nation might love you now, but it won't last. Soon they'll be tearing you to shreds and no one will be interested in you anymore'."
Houghton confessed: “It just made me feel tiny. Ruby Wax was similar. She said, 'Oh, you'll only be around for 15 minutes, so see you later.”
The TV personality also named the friendlier famous faces, calling TV chef Jamie Oliver “one of the nicest celebrities”.
She said she met Oliver on a TV show and he spoke to her about how she was “coping” with her sudden fame, even inviting her to a meal with his wife, Jools.
Houghton added that presenter Dermot O’Leary is “wonderful” and “such a nice man”.
The Standard has contacted representatives for Madeley and Wax for comment.
Madeley currently presents ITV’s Good Morning Britain alongside Susanna Reid.

Last summer, he got into a strained exchange with Rebecca Loos over his persistent questions about her “affair” with David Beckham.
Loos appeared on GMB to discuss her appearance on Channel 4’s Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins, where she was asked about the alleged affair.
Madeley repeatedly asked if she “blamed” Beckham for denying the affair rumours and calling them “ludicrous”.
The former model was forced to shut down Madeley’s questions, saying with a strained smile that she wanted to “focus” on Celebrity SAS.

Madeley faced concern from viewers earlier that summer after suffering a double fracture to his wrist due to a fall in France.
The broadcaster appeared on the show with a cast on his right arm, explaining: “It’s a double fracture of the wrist. I was walking quite quickly down a steep pavement in France on Friday, and the pavement was loose.
“It flipped up, and it flipped me forward. I thought, am I going to win or will gravity win? And gravity won. I hit the ground hard.
“So yeah I've got a double fracture and we'll see how it goes.”
When Reid asked whether the injury was painful, Madeley replied with a smile: “"I'm not discussing the pain threshold we just don't think about pain.”