Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
The Hindu Bureau

Steps taken to bring Keralites back from war-zone in Ukraine, says Minister

Union Minister of State for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan said on Thursday that as per the information received by the Central government, four Keralites were stranded in the war-torn Ukraine and steps were being taken to bring them back.

After visiting the families of three youths from Anchuthengu in Thiruvananthapuram who are taken to Russia, he said the Indian government was aware of the development and was in talks with Russia to repatriate the Indians who wished to come back.

The demand for the safe return of Indians was made during discussions at various levels. The people who were taken to the war zone were recruited by fake recruitment agencies and none of them had gone through proper channel. An investigation by the Central Bureau of Investigation and other agencies was under way to stop the illegal practice and action had been initiated in some cases, he said.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.