
Game of Thrones star Kit Harington, who played Jon Snow in all eight seasons, has talked about his proposed spin-off.
The Jon Snow show was originally revealed in 2022, but was thought canceled until a new report in early 2026 revealed it might still be in the works.
"It's open knowledge that we tried to make a Jon Snow show for a little while, and just couldn't," Harington said candidly during Motor City Comic Con.
"My main thing is not wanting to go there and sort of do an injustice by the character. As I've just said, I think he ended well. I think that he went where he was meant to. So, if you pick him up again, it needs to be for the right reasons.
"But I did feel there was something left to say, and I did think the idea of exploring something kind of entirely around him, or a lot around him, would be interesting. Because remember in Game of Thrones, you're part of a huge ensemble, and it would be quite interesting to look at a character dive more focused on [him]. And that's why I was intrigued, but we couldn't find the right thing, and so we put it down for the moment."
The Hollywood Reporter revealed earlier this year that the show might be back in development, and it might be bringing back Arya Stark. Judging by Harington's latest update, though, it sounds like that might not be the case.
Next up for Game of Thrones is House of the Dragon season 3, which arrives on HBO this June 21 in the US and June 22 in the UK.
Check out our roundup of all the upcoming Game of Thrones movies and shows for everything else the world of Westeros has in store.