

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, the BBC reports.
Per the publication, authorities arrived at the former prince‘s Sandringham estate, located in England’s east, on Thursday morning. At about 8am local time, eight plain-clothed police officers arrived at Wood Farm.

In a statement, the Thames Valley Police did not name the suspect “per national guidance”. However, it did confirm the charges.
“As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk,” the statement reads, per BBC.
“The man remains in police custody at this time.
“We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court.”

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said it has “opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office” and that “it is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation”.
“We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time,” he said.
Neither Buckingham Palace nor members of the Royal family have commented on his arrest.

Mountbatten-Windsor was officially stripped of his royal titles and was booted from the Royal Lodge in October last year, following intense scrutiny over his friendship with convicted sex-offender Jeffrey Epstein and allegations of sexual abuse, which he denies.
In February 2026, a second woman alleged that Epstein sent her to the UK for a sexual encounter with the former prince. The claims surfaced after the US Justice Department released more sealed information relating to Epstein.
Among them were images of what appeared to be Mountbatten-Windsor crouching on all fours over an unidentified woman lying on the floor. The woman’s face has been censored in all the images.
Neither Mountbatten-Windsor nor Buckingham Palace have commented on this new allegation.

Per 9News, British police confirmed they are working to assess alleged crimes revealed in the documents from the US Justice Department’s investigation into Epstein, including allegations against Mountbatten-Windsor, which he has denied.
On Wednesday, the National Police Chiefs’ Council — that unites police leaders from across the UK — confirmed it set up a “national coordination group” to help investigations into potential issues arising from the three million pages of documents released last month.
“It may take some time due to the volume of material and the complexity of international jurisdictions, but policing and its law enforcement partners are taking this matter extremely seriously, and will assess all information thoroughly,” the council shared in a statement.
The council didn’t specify which police forces are involved in the investigation into the files. However, at least eight have confirmed they’re “assessing” the information from what’s been released.
At the time of writing, the specifics of the allegations surrounding the former prince’s arrest remain unknown.
The post Former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Arrested Over Suspected Misconduct In Public Office appeared first on PEDESTRIAN.TV .