The Sydney Swans players sanctioned by the club following an alleged sexual assault in Melbourne have issued a joint apology, saying they “deeply” regret their behaviour.
Riley Bice, Nick Blakey, Isaac Heeney, James Jordon and Chad Warner will not be considered for selection for the remainder of the 2026 AFL season, the Swans confirmed earlier on Wednesday. The AFL said it supported the club’s decision.
In a statement issued late on Wednesday afternoon, Bice, Blakey, Heeney, Jordon and Warner said they accepted the sanction and acknowledged the impact of the situation.
“We are deeply sorry to everyone involved,” the players said.
“We know that our behaviour has fallen well short of the standards expected of us and the values of our Club.
“We know we have let down our partners and families, members, supporters, teammates, the AFLW team, corporate partners and everyone at the Club and in the wider community.
“We accept the Club sanction and apologise for the impact this has had on those involved,” the statement continued.
“Our focus will now be on rebuilding trust with the Club and the community.”
PEDESTRIAN.TV has reached out to representatives of Heeney, Warner, Jordon, Blakey and Bice for comment.
The Swans said their decision to sanction the six players was separate to Victoria Police’s ongoing investigation into a reported sexual assault at an East Melbourne hotel following the club’s match against Essendon on Sunday night.
PEDESTRIAN.TV does not suggest the players were under investigation, and no players have been arrested or charged.
“[W]e respect there is an ongoing investigation by Victoria Police and the actions we have taken today are independent of this,” the club said in its earlier statement.
Police have said the exact circumstances of the reported incident are yet to be established and that their investigation remains ongoing. No player has been charged.
Lead image: Getty
The post Sydney Swans Players Issue Apology As Police Investigate Alleged Sexual Assault appeared first on PEDESTRIAN.TV .