A horrified neighbour has spoken of how they heard a victim 'screaming in pain' following an attempted murder bid in Edinburgh.
Paramedics and officers from Police Scotland raced to a smash on Pilton Avenue, in the Pilton area of the capital, at around 10pm on Sunday, January 23.
Cops were alerted to reports of a crash involving a black BMW and an off-road motorbike.
The motorcyclist, a man aged 24, was rushed to hospital with a serious leg injury following the incident.
Police have since revealed the motorcyclist was deliberately driven at before being attacked by the driver of the BMW.
An attempted murder investigation has now been launched following the terrifying incident.

Neighbours have been left shocked by the news, which happened just metres from homes on the quiet residential street.
One resident, whose shed was badly damaged as the collision unfolded, said the victim was screaming out in pain.
He told the Daily Record : "I heard it all, a huge crash. It [the off-road bike] went right into my shed, it was badly damaged.
"I heard the motorbike bang and then something happened behind the bush.
"I called the police but never saw what happened, I just saw the guy lying there. The bang was the motorbike going into my shed, I believe.
"I saw my wee boy was upset, his bedroom is just at the front of the flat, and heard it all. I ran down my stair but people were already helping the guy.
"Someone shouted me to call the police and then I heard what has happened this morning."
The man, who only recently moved to the street, has been left concerned for kids after the distressing scenes on Sunday night.
He continued: "I was concerned about my kids in the house, I don't want them to hear anything more about it.
"I had thought it was a car crash but turns out there was more than meets the eye. The guy was screaming in pain, that's why I phoned the ambulance.
"The off-road bike wasn't crushed, from what I could see, but people have now phoned me and told me he was run over.
"It was scary for the kids, I've got an eight-year-old boy, that's why I just came back in last night and shut the door. I only had two hours sleep, I'm stressed about him."
Another resident saw the attack taking place from their flat window and quickly alerted the cops.
His girlfriend was stunned to see the victim being struck in the assault across the road from their home.
He said: "My girlfriend was woken up by the noise and looked out the window to see the guy hitting the victim.
"One of my neighbours came out and we saw the guy run off. We immediately phoned the police and ambulance.
"My girlfriend didn't get a look at the guy because she could only see it from behind but called me through, I had been oblivious to the commotion.

"One of my neighbours has been here 20 years and said nothing like this has ever happened."
A neighbour, who lives a few doors down from where the incident took place, had been unaware of the crime scene until he saw his home cordoned off at around 11:30pm on Sunday night.
He said: "I heard a bang around 10pm but didn't realise anything had happened, I didn't think anything of it.
"I was just having a wee look outside before I went to bed last night and was shocked.
"The street was cordoned off at three bits and my house was in amongst it.
"We saw the bike getting put on the back of a low-loader and the BMW getting taken away. We saw the forensics here as well.
"We had thought it was just an accident but have heard since then that it's meant. It's scary, you don't want that trouble on your doorstep. It's usually quiet around here."
Another neighbour, who has lived on Pilton Place for over 20 years, added 'nothing like this ever happens'.
She said: "My neighbour phoned me, I think he saw it, and told me to stay inside. It was still cordoned off this morning.
"I've been here for 22 years and nothing like this ever happens, this is a good area."
Police are urging anyone with information to come forward, particularly anyone with dashcam or doorbell footage.
The attacker is described as a white male, around 5ft 9in in height, slim build and aged around 30 years of age.
He was wearing a dark coloured hooded top and dark-coloured trousers.

Officers have been carrying out door-to-door enquiries and will review any relevant CCTV coverage for any additional information.
Detective Inspector Kevin Tait said: “While we do not know the motive for this assault, we believe it was a targeted attack. I am appealing to anyone who was in the area around the time of the incident to contact us.
"Particularly if you have any recording devices, such as dash cam or doorbell cameras. A police presence will remain in the area as we continue our enquiries.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Police Scotland on 101, quoting incident number 3489 of 23 January, 2022. If you wish to give your information anonymously, you can do so via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.